So the date probably doesn't match the title...but it's been an eventful couple of days. On day 7 (October 27) we had a very scary moment with Elysabeth. She had a seizure. I took her to school that day because it was the day of the Halloween Parade at school and since I missed all school activities last year I decided that this year I wouldn't miss anything. I took Alekzander with me because I thought it would be cute; they are dressing up as Woody and Jessie from Toy Story.
Elysabeth took a nap on the way to school. When we arrived at school I took her out of the car and was finishing to put her Halloween costume on and she couldn't keep her balance. When I asked her what was wrong she told me that the "ground was rolling". I thought she was just being silly. I finished tying her chaps and grabbed her backpack and lunch kit. That is when I noticed that she wasn't looking at me. Her head was turned toward the left and her eyes were turned up and towards the left as well. At this point I thought she was still playing around with me. I kept telling her to look at me that we were running late, if she didn't hurry we were going to miss the parade.
By the time we made it across the parking lot I realized that there was definitely something wrong with her. She'd dropped her lunch kit and her backpack was falling off her back. I picked her up and carried her as I pushed Alekz stroller across the street and up the sidewalk and into the school. When I arrived to her classroom the children were all lined up and ready to leave for the parade. I told the teacher at the door that there was something wrong with Elysabeth but I didn't know what it was. Immediately one mom called 911 another pushed Alekz's stroller into the class room. Shortly there after Elysabeth started throwing up. The paramedics arrived and assessed her, took her to the ambulance checked all her vitals...everything was normal.
They took her to the emergency room at St. Luke's Hospital (Tx. Children's), all the assessments reveled nothing. Everything came back normal. They observed her for about 3 hours as she napped and suggested follow up with her pediatrician the next day for her to request further testing to be done.
All in all...we really don't know anything else. We have a CAT scan scheduled for two weeks from now and still have to schedule one additional test called an EEG.
That had to be by far one the scariest moments of my life. I'm still so scared for her, I don't want to loose sight of her for even a moment. I can't imagine what I would do if anything were to happen to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment